The Master's in Applied Management of the Institute of Management and Health Organizations (IGOS) aims to:
- To meet the needs of postgraduate training in the area of management, offering a comprehensive perspective, but taking into account the specificities of new requirements in this area.
- To provide skills in planning, directing and controlling the functions and activities of organisations and institutions.
- The training of specialised staff who seek to promote the improvement of the quality of organisational structures in the region.
The Master's in Management at IGOS has an employability rate of graduates close to 100%, and the data can be consulted at the General Directorate of Education and Science Statistics.
IGOS offers a merit scholarship, worth 500 euros, in partnership with Caixa Geral de Depósitos, to the student with the best average rating in the 1st year of the Master's.
The Master in Management, during the second curricular year, allows the realization of a nine-month Curricular Internship, in leading organizations in the Viseu region, nationally and in Europe. This way, the Masters student has the possibility to deepen their learning with a socio-professional experience, which takes place simultaneously with the preparation of their dissertation.
Graduates of the Master in Management can perform functions in various business and organisational areas, national or international, such as:
- Administration of organizations, advice on administration, management or functional areas, business strategy consultancy;
- Marketing management, account management, product management, marketing advice or consultancy, service management, production management and procurement;
- Financial management, financial management advisory, controller, project analysis; - Direction, audit or management control consultancy, budget management;
- Human resources management, HR director assistance, HR technician, human resources consulting and organization;
- Banking and insurance.
- Teaching and research in the field of Management